HERB ROASTED PARMESAN ACORN SQUASH
Going beyond the brown sugar with this Herb-Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash recipe. The perfect side-dish that’s made with just 5 ingredients.
- AUTHOR:THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
- PREP TIME:10 MINS
- COOK TIME:25 MINS
- TOTAL TIME:35 MINS
- YIELD:4 SERVINGS 1X
- CUISINE:GRAIN-FREE, NUT-FREE, VEGETARIAN
- 1 large acorn squash (or 2 small)
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese + more for garnishing
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh herbs or 1 tsp. dried (we suggest: thyme, sage, rosemary, or oregano)
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt + more to taste
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Then slice each half into ½-inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large sheet pan. Using your hands, gently press parmesan cheese onto the squash for maximum coverage.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until squash is cooked through and parmesan cheese is crispy and slightly browned. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and herbs, if desired.
- SERVING SIZE: 1/4TH OF RECIPE
- CALORIES: 143
- SUGAR: 0 G
- SODIUM: 210 MG
- FAT: 7 G
- CARBOHYDRATES: 13 G
- FIBER: 3 G
- PROTEIN: 5 G