Whether you’re making a snack for yourself or appetizers for a socially-distant dinner party, guacamole is a perfect go to. Even better, when it’s a hot St. Louis day, it’s a NO HEAT food option. Luckily, this week’s box contains some of the most crucial ingredients to make guac, so muster up the few remaining ingredients and you’re on your way to a satisfied appetite.
- 2 ripe avocados*
- Lime juice*
- Diced onion
- Sea salt
Additional ingredients that can be added:
- Jalapeno (depending on how spicy you want your guacamole to be)
- Cilantro (to add that extra tang)
- Diced tomatoes*
*ingredients included in this week’s produce box
As you can tell, we love the more simple recipes that don’t require hours of prep and back-breaking work in the kitchen. This recipe takes under 15 minutes and for most of the ingredients, you add more until you like the overall taste. It’s an acquired taste, so leave out what you don’t like and add what you do. No heat is required, and all the ingredients just need to be mixed together. How much easier can it get?
- Cut avocado down the middle and remove the pit. Then separate the skin from the inside of the avocado and throw away the skin.
- Mash the avocado into one pile of avocado.
- Dice your onion and add your desired amount to the avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice on the avocado mixture.
- Add salt to the mixture.
- Dice any additional ingredients you may want and mix them in.
Is this the type of recipe you were hoping for? We hope it GUACS your world. Let us know what you want to learn to make next with your St. Louis Produce Box goodies!