If you have someone in your life that loves all things spicy and you can’t get them to eat anything but Flaming Hot Cheetos, this recipe is worth a shot. This is the perfect recipe for someone that loves a little kick and crunch in their food, but doesn’t love eating veggies raw.
A bonus to this recipe is half of the ingredients are in this week’s Produce Box (10/26-10/30).
PS: It’s not too late to order!
Each produce box (PS: It’s not too late to order!) contains jalapeño peppers, cilantro and red onion. All you need additionally is some cheese, cream cheese and seasonings to make this delicious dish.
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese (let sit until room temperature)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
*bolded items are included in this week’s Produce Box.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash peppers.
- Cut peppers longways.
- Scoop out any seeds that remain inside the pepper.
- Mix cilantro, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Fill pepper shell with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of peppers.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden.
Let us know what you think of this recipe and produce box combination! Enjoy!
*Original recipe was from cookieandkate.com, but we modified some ingredients/steps.